Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage various cloud services
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Work closely with a team of database architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Software: Cloud database IT, Azure, Virtual Machines with VMware, Servers, and other Microsoft products
- Systems/Workflows/General IT
- Report Writing
- Problem Solving
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Detail Oriented
- People Skills
- Assertive / Reliable
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical consideration related to patient information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
May require a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to visitors, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
MS Office Productivity Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Software: Cloud database IT, Azure, Virtual Machines with VMware, Servers, and other Microsoft products
Other Skills and Abilities:
High accuracy and extreme confidentiality a MUST. Detailed-oriented and very organized.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will have a combination of standing, sitting, bending and reaching. May work at computer monitors for prolonged periods. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||IT Systems Administrator|