Patient Administration Representative
Posted 1 year ago
Where Your Health Matters®
Summary: This position is responsible for administrative tasks pertaining to patient care within the company. This job description may be edited at any time per the company’s needs, with relevant notice to the employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and prepare patient lists in company software by using company participant EMR / billing systems.
- Utilize company software to track patients as they move through our system.
- Ensure validity of the reporting system, track patient logs within the software.
- Patient Engagement Systems: Maintain patient engagement processes and systems.
- Submit file /documentation to leadership as requested for review, quality assurance checks, and other purposes.
- Provide summaries to relevant stakeholders and collaborate with other teams in the company to improve quality of patient outcomes.
- Review patient information to determine whether appointments with physicians are medically necessary.
- Must abide to all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
- Other duties may be assigned by your Supervisor and Managers.
- Communications as needed with physicians and other health care professionals.
Education / Experience:
- Must have a minimum or pursuit of AA / Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare environments preferred
- 1-2 years experience with one or more major EMR software preferred
- (eClinical, Athena, PracticeFusion, etc.)
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Working knowledge of health delivery systems /general practices.
- Experience with intranet or web-based communication vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions, escalates issues to management as needed
- Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Knowledge of HIPAA: Legal and ethical consideration related to employee information.
- Must be computer literate in EMR and Microsoft office products.
- Unrestricted driver’s license.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will have a combination of standing, sitting, bending, and reaching. May work at a computer monitors for prolonged periods. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Patient Administration Representative|