Healthcare Data Analyst
Where Your Health Matters®
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge of data, data structure and analytical tools to research or identify trends, expenditures, and utilization of healthcare providers/practices.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of health care operations and systems.
- Responds to requests for data by determining user’s needs, collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and providing accurate and complete reports and information.
- Works with other analysts to perform evaluate the performance of facilities, practices, provider services, and utilization.
- Works with other analysts to perform a variety of ad-hoc analysis and assessments or initiatives as requested.
- Identifies, develops and implements methods for improving reporting efficiency for department.
- Performs checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data adheres to data governance and maintenance policies.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in health care.
- Educates and assists in problem solving to promote the implementation of the health care initiatives and research.
- Suggests ways to both increase healthcare quality and reduce costs.
- Applies knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, procedures, and programs within healthcare technology field.
- Contributes in the data integrity, governance, and data structure standards and policies.
- Abides by all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job; not limited by this job description.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical and advanced problem solving strategies.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and other RDBM systems.
- Strong knowledge of health care models including ACO’s.
- A working knowledge of industry coding (revenue codes, ICD 9/ICD10 classifications, CPT codes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of data, data objects, data structure, and industry standards.
- Advanced-level computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong internet research capabilities
- Bi- or Multi- lingual skills (written and verbal): A Plus
- Attention to detail
- Report Writing
- Problem Solving
- Systems/Workflows/General IT
- People Skills
- Assertive / Reliable
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Knowledge of legal and ethical consideration related to patient information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Preferred: Master’s degree in a related area (ex. MHA, MIS, MBA, MS Data Analytics)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to visitors, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to think critically and objectively and unbiased. Quickly learn/adapt to healthcare industry standards, codes, data, and business practices.
MS Office Productivity Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Intranet, Internet, SQL & Data Objects, various report writing tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
High accuracy and extreme confidentiality a MUST. Highly detail-oriented and must possess a very high degree of organization.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will have a combination of standing, sitting, bending and reaching. May work at a computer monitors for prolonged periods. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Healthcare Data Analyst|