Care Coordination Specialist
Where Your Health Matters®
- Arranges implementation and execution of patient’s necessary discharge planning to next level of care as assigned.
- Arranges care for designated patient care needs as assigned.
- Coordinates patient care from acute or post-acute facility to patient’s home or next level of care.
- Tracks patients throughout the acute and post-acute continuum of care and develop and foster relationships with these facilities/agencies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers by offering excellent customer service to assigned primary care and specialty care physicians with routine and targeted education visits for the purpose of continued education regarding policies/initiatives.
- Identify trends at the facility or post-acute level that prevent patients from receiving high quality care.
- Communicates expected LOS and work closely with facility staff to coordinate patient care plans.
- Creatively reach out and engage patients to ensure their needs are being met.
- Conduct on-site visits, telephonic conversations and written communications with individuals including Hospital executives, Patient Account Managers, Physicians, Office, and Billing Managers.
- Perform on-site provider orientation and group county orientations for new primary care and specialty care physicians regarding policies, procedures, and company-wide initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must be highly proficient and creative at identifying and solving problems. Incumbent must be able to work independently as a telecommuter and attend off-site meetings, including overnight stays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively as a liaison between PBACO and the community providers to provide education on policies and procedures as well as, assist in the resolution of issues or concerns between PBACO and any agencies.
- Coordinate patient care from post-acute facility to patient’s next level of care. Liaison between PBACO and the acute and post-acute facilities to ensure proper care plans, communication, and follow-up.
- Goal/Target Visits: Service facilities/agencies within a specific geographic territory by conducting annual Goal/Target visits for the purpose of continued education regarding policies/initiatives.
2 years’ experience required in hospital, SNF, Home Health or Hospice Setting and/or Provider Relations experience
Valid unrestricted driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Health Care Administration or Other Related Degree
2 years’ Provider Relations or SNF / Home Health experience
Knowledge and understanding of care plans and transition of care between hospital, SNF, Hospice and home health.
The position requires driving for extended periods of time, as well as walking to and from provider offices potentially up and down stairs.
Position may require lifting objects weighing less than 10 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Care Coordination Specialist|